Powered by Blogger.

Weekend Camping in Kings Lynn ⛺

When I first decided to start camping, I was 100% for the whole "roughing it" adventure.
But I also like my luxuries and that's why I now have electric to run my laptop, a cool box to store food better & wine. I've also got carpets and blow up furniture to relax before bed.
It's basically home away from home now, just on a smaller scale!



Before leaving I had no major plans in place as to what I wanted to do, I just knew I wanted a break and at night I wanted to chill in my tent with my kindle and laptop, reading and writing. I'd also wanted to write whilst out and about but I need a plug to use my netbook at the moment because the battery is useless and I didn't order a replacement until the day I was leaving.
I got to the site just past 6pm and was popped on a plot next to the toilet block which although wasn't a busy or big field, people were coming and going all the time.
Thankfully Ed and Phil came to my rescue and kindly helped me put the tent up which I was truly grateful for.
The whole weekend they'd check on me if I saw them which put my mind at rest with me being there alone. It was nice to know I was checked on, if that makes sense.
At around 8pm I made my tea which I ate most of the weekend

Menu for the Weekend
Breakfast
Sausage and Egg McMuffin 

Lunch
Pasta Bolognese

Tea
Minced/Ground Beef, Spag Bol Sauce and Gnocchi.


And then I popped open the wine and settled down in my mermaid blanket to write.
Around 10-11pm I snuggled under the duvet and slept until 6:30, waking  up to a beautiful day.


By 11:30 I was parked up again (after getting there an hour earlier and realizing i'd left my purse in the tent) at Sandringham House. I had no plans for what I was doing in the day but I love a good royal home.
I walked up to the house and had a wander through a garden where a lovely American couple took my picture.






You're not permitted to take pictures in the actual house but it really is amazing and the history in its walls is a royal WOW!


Following that I had a wander around the museum because I'd paid £15.50 for the privilege, I was certainly going too, however if you don't go in the house it is cheaper.


After a slow walk back because I was beginning to get hungry - and the tea room only had cold food, and restaurant was busy - I popped my nose in to the church...


I called for some shopping and went back to my tent for food and get a bit of writing done, which I did quite a bit of, I have to be honest.
While I was writing I got to a point where I was describing stepping in the sea... so I hopped in the car and found my nearest one, only to get there and not see the sea because it was too far out... or is it in?
Anywho I just sat for a bit and headed back to the site, calling at Rising Castle which was just shutting up :(

 

Back in the tent I made food, wrote, snacked on popcorn and then had a shower before calling it a night in the tent with some more writing and wine.
I woke up Sunday morning, packed my tent up - and actually got it back in its bag - and was home for 12pm.
I really do love these mini escapes and now I'm all sorted with my net book I hope to get a few more in around my next two trips.
I'd love to get a cool box that keeps food fresher and hopefully get a bigger table with a way to sort out my things so they're not bagged up in the tent too. But that'll be something I work on over time.
I can't begin to explain how amazing the weekend has been.




No comments